Discover the ways of our security servicesWith its tailor-made platform offer, IKOULA, a web host since 1998, can offer you several options for network security. Thanks to our expertise we can support you as our clients in securing their infrastructure in order to protect your data, your company’s most important resource, against DDoS and ransomware attacks etc.
(Firewall, Load-balancing, VPN, Transit IP)
VPN (Virtual Private Network)Implementation of a virtual tunnel for transporting encrypted information between two physical points.
- Protect your sensitive data when connecting in public locations
- Share documents privately
- Travel while always remaining connected
- A service provider for all your units
- Connection to a reliable backbone
- Maximum security
- A broadband network based on over a dozen operators
Transit IPIKOULA, the web hosting specialist, provides your information system with an Internet connection.
The transit IP is, in particular, included in our Cloud and Colocation services, etc.
- Make your services available on the Internet
- Over 240 peering agreements
- A multi-operator redundant network
- Bandwidth dedicated solely to your devices
- Billing in the 95th percentile to smooth out your peak traffic
- A monitoring tool for incoming and outgoing bandwidth
- Double uplink network: network redundancy
- Fibre connection/Gigabit Ethernet
- Additional public IP addresses
Load-balancingImplementation of equipment to spread traffic across several servers.
- Manage traffic peaks
- Ensure fault tolerance on the servers managing the traffic
- Ensure the availability of the site even in the case of frequency peaks
- Allows you to defend yourself against network attacks
- Facilitates SSL certification
Firewall Filtering to make sure your ports aren’t left wide open.
Only allow authorised IPs onto the network via ports also authorised by the firewall.
- Protect your environment (servers, website, application) against undesirable network hacking
- Create a private network
- Monitor traffic on the machines
- Firewalling included in our Cloud offer
- Application firewall
- Load balancing
- VPN termination
- Hacking prevention
- Firewall redundancy
BCP/DRPIKOULA, the web host, implements BCP and DRP solutions that meet high standards:
resilience, flexibility, security, high connectivity, and managed costs.
Our DRP/BCP solutions are spread across our own two data centres, 50 km apart.
- Counter the risks of a local/hardware failure or the failure of an entire website
- Ensure the availability of a website (for e-commerce, for example)
- Inter-site data replication to guarantee service continuity and the integrity of your data
- 24/7 multi-site managed services and SLA guarantees
Need something else?With your network options
Help & FAQsThe most frequently asked questions
See everything Close everything
- What is a VPN?
- VPN is the acronym for “Virtual Private Network”. When you surf the Internet without a VPN, that is, publicly, and send emails or share files, you generate traffic on a shared virtual network. You cannot leave this network without leaving a trace behind you. This information can then be easily intercepted and hacked.
A VPN gathers your information via an encryption system. Your data then cannot be decrypted by other key players such as your Internet provider or other websites in general. The encryption is carried out as per different protocols (PPTP, OpenVPN, IPSec, etc.).
This encryption creates a private channel, that is, a closed line between the customer using the VPN and the server VPN. This is why the VPN service always needs a user and a supplier.
VPN is often used within the context of teleworking to guarantee the employee a secure connection with the company’s tools.
- What is a transit IP ?
- A transit IP refers to the bandwidth sold by Internet service providers and content providers. The traditional pricing is based on the bandwidth used by the customer during a calendar month, as well as on a minimum usage commitment.
- What is a load balancer ?
- By definition, load balancing is a group of methods used in the IT world to:
- Increase processing speed (which facilitates an increase in the number of possible visitors on a website by increasing the number of hosts available.)
- Optimise the processing of requests and thus guarantee a high level of service availability.
- What is a firewall ?
- A firewall is a digital tool (hardware and/or software) designed to protect a network’s data (protection of a personal computer linked to the Internet, for example, or protection of a business network). It facilitates the guarantee of data security on a network by controlling outputs as per the rules defined by its administrator. The firewall secures the network, server infrastructures, and physical machines.