How to install Jitsi Meet in one click on your public Cloud?Jitsi is a free and open-source multiplatform instant messaging application. Essentially, this application mixes voice over IP (VoIP) and video conferencing. Jitsi Meet is on the list of free software recommended by the French government.
Jitsi runs on many systems, including almost all GNU/Linux, Solaris, Mac OSX distributions, as well as Jitsi Windows.
Initially, Jitsi Meet only integrated audio through SIP, but in 2011 video conferencing was added to its functionality with Jingle. Since then, Jitsi has become one of the most popular open-source applications, for remote working, for example.
In terms of technology, Jitsi is primarily coded in JAVA (OSGi framework)
Jitsi Meet is available from IKOULA's catalogue of pre-installed apps. It can be deployed on your Cloud in less than 3 minutes, allowing you to create and set up all your video conferences completely securely.
Vidéo d'installation One Click
Jitsi, open source videoconferencing
Jitsi takes security very seriously: it is the way it works that makes the application secure. Unlike other systems, conference rooms are not created in advance. They are created only when the first user logs on, and as soon as the last user logs off, the room is automatically deleted. Consequently, malicious users cannot target a conference room in advance and access confidential information or data.
Jitsi is very fully featured. Indeed, this free software goes against the current trend of similar applications, which generally reserve the most advanced features for paid subscriptions. In addition to being of high quality, Jitsi Meet allows its users to benefit freely from all its features, including:
- Natively integrated encryption (in SIP and XMPP) via different protocols.
- Free VoIP telephony with other users.
- Telephony to landlines and mobiles over the Internet via SIP
- Screen sharing functionality, now more essential than ever for remote working.
- A collaborative text editor.
- Can be used on lots of platforms.
- Very good audio quality, if the Internet connection allows it.
- Connectivity with other protocols via XMPP gateways for sending SMS or emails, for example.