Jitsi, open source videoconferencing
Jitsi takes security very seriously: it is the way it works that makes the application secure. Unlike other systems, conference rooms are not created in advance. They are created only when the first user logs on, and as soon as the last user logs off, the room is automatically deleted. Consequently, malicious users cannot target a conference room in advance and access confidential information or data.
Jitsi is very fully featured. Indeed, this free software goes against the current trend of similar applications, which generally reserve the most advanced features for paid subscriptions. In addition to being of high quality, Jitsi Meet allows its users to benefit freely from all its features, including:
- Natively integrated encryption (in SIP and XMPP) via different protocols.
- Free VoIP telephony with other users.
- Telephony to landlines and mobiles over the Internet via SIP
- Screen sharing functionality, now more essential than ever for remote working.
- A collaborative text editor.
- Can be used on lots of platforms.
- Very good audio quality, if the Internet connection allows it.
- Connectivity with other protocols via XMPP gateways for sending SMS or emails, for example.